QuenchGone21 Wastewater (QG21W™)
- Active Volatile Suspended Solids (AVSS) – calculated from the cellular ATP contained in living microorganisms, this parameter represents the living biomass concentration. Once target thresholds for AVSS are established, AVSS results provide the ideal basis for operational stability, optimization, and continuous improvement of a wastewater treatment process.
- Biomass Stress Index (BSI) – represents the stress level experienced by the microbiological population. This quantity provides an early warning of impending process problems and stressful conditions (i.e. toxicity).
- Active Biomass Ratio (ABR) – represents the percentage of bioreactor solids that are active microorganisms, and is computed using the ratio of AVSS to TSS. Maximizing the ABR provides many benefits such as enhanced sludge quality and improved settling.
Looking for sludge bulking or attached growth measurement capabilities? The QG21W Advanced (QG21Wa) test kit includes the above plus capabilities for two additional measurements:
- Specific Floc-Bulking ATP (s-fbATP) – represents the quantity of ATP from bulking floc relative to microorganisms. This measurement provides an early-warning of bulking conditions, allowing operators to proactively mitigate bulking conditions in sedimentation processes.
- Specific Attached-Growth ATP (s-agATP) – is a measurement of the ratio of suspended to attached microorganisms in attached-growth processes. Higher fractions of suspended relative to attached microorganisms indicate sub-optimal process conditions.
QuenchGone21 Wastewater (QG21W) is the key to a new level of efficiency in biological wastewater treatment plant operation! QG21W provides the ability to measure the size of the living biomass population (Cellular ATP, cATP), its relative health (Biomass Stress Index, BSI), and suspended solids activity (Active Biomass Ratio, ABR) at any point in the process. Use this information to manage return sludge pumping rates, air, and nutrient dosages, and to proactively identify and eliminate toxicity.
- Gain tremendous insight into biomass quantity and quality:
- Living biomass concentration via Active Volatile Suspended Solids.
- Biomass health via the Biomass Stress Index.
- Total solids activity via Active Biomass Ratio.
- Biomass bulking tendencies via Floc Bulking ATP.
- Biomass attachment tendencies via Attached Growth ATP.
- Results available in < 5 minutes.
- Detection range sufficiently broad to apply to raw wastewater, treated effluent, and concentrated sludge.
- All interferences such as solids, color, residual chemical, and other characteristics inherent to sample matrices are mitigated.
- All materials are stable for two years at room temperature.*
|Method||2nd Generation ATP|
|What is detected?||Total Microorganisms|
|Interferences in detecting total living biomass||None|
|How long to get results?||Minutes|
|Can give results onsite?||Yes|
|What types of samples can be tested?||Fluids & Solids|
|How much skill is required?||Low|
|What is the capital cost?||Low|
|What is the cost per test?||Moderate|
|What is its best use?||Total microbiological concentration|
- Aerobic & Anaerobic Processes
- Activated Sludge, Lagoons & MBR’s
- Raw Influent & Treated Effluent
- Biosolids, Soils & Attached-growth Media